Monday, March 5, 2007

I'm noticing a trend...

I think I'm going overboard a bit with all the baking! It's so funny, I never really used to bake but for the last 2 months that's all I've done. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I'm just so excited to have all the bread turn out so good. I used to only be ok at baking but lately I've done really well. The only baked good I've bought in the last 2 months was one bag of bagels from TJ's. I've baked bread 5 or 6 times, made tortillas three times and baked lots of combinations of bran and berry muffins. They next two things I want to try are pita bread and bagels, both of which I've made before with so-so results.
I went over to the garden after struggling through the longest math test ever at school today! It wasn't that hard, just excruciatingly looonngg. This garden is kicking my ass! Its not that big but the weeds are never ending! I've got close to a third weeded now. When I went by today I ran into gardener who was already planting her peas! I should probably get started planting too. Apparently I have some rhubarb growing. That's what I was told it was. And nearly a dozen little weed choked strawberry plants.
And a blister and a backache and several slugs have been murdered. Ah, its a gardener's life for me.

1 comment:

Miss D said...

Yikes! slugs... did you know that if you sprinkle salt or broken eggshells around your plants,veggies, etc. it should get rid of them?